Sunday, November 23, 2008

Father

I was the Father that cheered for you when your earthy father didn't show 
        up to your competition.
I was the Father that sat net to you at every Thanksgiving dinner when your
       earthly father stayed behind to work.
I was the Father who tucked you in and gave you a goodnight kiss when
        your earthly father was spending the night with another woman.
I was the Father who wished you happy birthday when your earthly father 
        forgot to tell you.
I was the Father who joked with you at dinner while your earthly father 
      worked extra late.
I was the Father who took you to school on your first day when your 
       earthly father didn't have time to.
I was the Father who sat down and watched movies with you 
      while your earthly father made money instead of spending quality time.
I was the Father who cuddled with you when you cried when your earthy 
      father got upset when you cried.
I was the Father that called you beautiful when your earthly father called  
     you fat.
I was the Father who loved you when your earthly father didn't.

No comments: